4-H Volunteer Screening Process
To serve as a 4-H Volunteer in Kansas, you must complete the 4-H Volunteer Screening Process. The process includes:
- Filling out and submitting a Volunteer Service Application (includes references & background check)
- Participating in a casual interview with county agent(s)
- Completing the 4-H Online Volunteer Orientation
Once the above steps are completed and your volunteer status is approved, you may begin working with the 4-H youth of Edwards County. For subsequent years, an easy 1 page volunteer renewal form is submitted annually.
For all forms and screening materials, please visit the Kansas 4-H Volunteer Screening Page.
4-H Community Club Resources
The Kansas 4-H Youth Development Program relies heavily on volunteers to reach more youth, lead educational programs, coordinate activities, and manage clubs and groups. 4-H volunteers conduct meaningful education opportunities for youth. We hope 4-H voluntters will support youth to reach their fullest potential by encouraging participation that will lead to success.
Edwards County 4-H Community Club Forms
END OF THE YEAR AWARD NOMINATION FORMS- DUE OCTOBER 1
Please note that the following nomination forms are NOT meant to be filled out by the nominee, but by the 4-H Club that is nominating the individual or business.
- 4-H Alumni Award Nomination
- Friend of 4-H Award Nomination
- 4-H Family of the Year Award Nomination
- Extra Mile 4-H Member Award Nomination
END OF YEAR CLUB FORMS- DUE OCTOBER 1
NEW YEAR CLUB FORMS- DUE OCTOBER 1
4-H Project Leaders
A 4-H project leader is a very important person in the world of 4-H. 4-H Project Leaders:
- help members learn skills they will use throughout life;4h dog
- help members reach their goals;
- serve as a role model; and
- complete the 4-H VIP (volunteer information profile) process.
To become a 4-H project leader in Edwards County, contact the Extension Office about becoming a certified 4-H volunteer. You will need to go to: https://v2.4honline.com and register as a volunteer. To be a Junior Project Leader, youth must be at least 13 years old and register in your 4honline registration.